If you smell gas or think there's a gas leak:

  • Open all doors and windows
  • Don't use any electrical equipment (including light switches) or naked flames
  • Turn off the gas at the emergency control valve by the gas meter
  • Call National Grid immediately on 0800 111 999


Emergency and maintenance issues

If you have any other emergency or have a maintenance issue please call 0131 478 2148, this line is covered 24 hours a day, even if there is no answer please leave a message and we will get back to you.

Please also send an email to info@connellmcfadden.com with details of the emergency and a contact number. 


Gas & Electricity Bills

When you move in we require you to send us a photo of the gas and electric readings for the start of your tenancy.

You then need to set up new accounts in your name for the property, you may choose whichever provider you wish but please advise us of who you choose and the account numbers they provide you with, a good place to start is comparison websites like:



You are not liable for any bill prior to your tenancy start date, if you receive any then please pass these on to us to deal with.

At the end of your tenancy it is your responsibility to close your account, we cannot do this for you as we are not the named person on the account.

If you wish to continue using the existing supplier for the property you can use the following contact details to find out:

Electricity: MPAS on 0845 2709101

Gas: Transco on 0870 6081524.


Council Tax

You are liable for the council tax during your tenancy and it is your responsibility to set this up.

Should you have any queries regarding council tax, parking permits or bin collection days please contact the City of Edinburgh Council directly on 0131 200 2000. They will be able to confirm the answers to your questions.

All students must register with the council to exempt themselves from paying council tax. Once you have done this please send us a copy of your confirmation for our records.